Healthcare and Education Programs
Our healthcare and education programs were integrated with our literacy programming so that as women learned to read, write and advocate for themselves, they also gained the tools to keep their families healthy. Our trained community health teams:
- referred patients to hospitals;
- distributed iron and other supplements;
- operated a fruit distribution program for children;
- developed and delivered materials and seminars on major health topics; and
- provided eye exams, reading glasses and cataract surgery.